Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Helpers


We are beginning to install the next exhibition of Ann Stautberg's hand-colored large-scale photographs. I'm not sure if we could do it without the help of Barry's hard-working dogs, Bucks and Daisy. The process of taking down a retired show can be an organizational feat. I have to enter all of the works into inventory with all information, corresponding images, and any additional identifying characteristics that could help id the work in the future. Then I make labels for the back of every piece and stamp the backs of the frames to mark who owns them (gallery, artist, or both). I often wrap the sold works so the clients can come pick them up and update the website's past, current, upcoming, and slideshow sections. And that's just day one.

1 comment:

Joel said...

I'm coming to the Ann Stautberg show!